TV: NBA TV
- Minnesota coach Rick Adelman will miss tonight’s game for personal reasons. He missed 11 games last season due to his wife’s illness, all in January. Terry Porter will take Adelman’s place tonight. The team said that they expect that Adelman will be able to return to the Wolves bench on Wednesday vs. Denver.
- Kevin Love is expected to play in tonight’s game after being a late scratch due to a left thigh contusion on Saturday night against Portland. In a pre-game interview, he said: “The rest did me some good; I can bend the leg a little more. Still not 100 percent, but I’m going to go out there and give it a go.”
- The Wolves will be without the services of Nikola Pekovic (right ankle) and Kevin Martin who suffered a non-displaced fracture in his left thumb on Friday at New Orleans.
- Kevin Love has a chance tonight to put his name in the record books in two different places. He has recorded four straight 25/15 games and no one has has more than that since Charles Barkley did it six times in the row in the 1989-90 season. And Love has had three straight games with 17+ free throws attempted. If he matches that number tonight he will join Wilt Chamberlain and Oscar Robertson in the record books who both had four straight games with 17+ FTAs in 1964.
- Houston has won three of their last four games against Minnesota including a 112-101 home victory on November 23.. Houston made 17 three-pointers that victory.
- Omer Asik will play tonight for Houston. He returned to the lineup on Sunday against Milwaukee and played 11 minutes.
– Jim Beilby