TV: League Pass
- Jameer Nelson, whose big fourth quarter was decisive in the Magic’s 101-90 win at Philadelphia on Wednesday night, is out with a sore calf. Ronnie Price will make his first start of the season at point guard.
- Arron Afflalo will miss a fifth straight game with a sprained right ankle. The Magic’s leading scorer is likely to return for Wednesday night’s game against Houston. “It gives us two days in between games and we’ll take advantage of that, making sure he’s confident and 100 percent when he comes back,” said coach Jacque Vaughn.
- The Sixers have lost 13 straight, the longest losing streak in the NBA this season. They have given up more than 100 points in all 13 of those games, an average of 116.5 per game during the streak.
- This will be the last of four matchups between the league’s top Rookie of the Year candidates. The Sixers’ Michael Carter-Williams leads all NBA rookies in scoring (17.1), rebounds (5.3), assists (6.2) and steals (2.0). Orlando’s Victor Oladipo ranks second, fourth, third and second in the same four categories.
- 76ERS LINEUP: Thaddeus Young, Hollis Thompson, Henry Sims, Carter-Williams, James Anderson.
- MAGIC LINEUP: Maurice Harkless, Tobias Harris, Nik Vucevic, Price, Oladipo.
– Dick Scanlon