TV: League Pass
- The Grizzlies are 17-6 since Marc Gasol returned from injury, and for the second straight home game the Nets will face a massive size disadvantage in the front court, where Paul Pierce will likely guard either Gasol or Zach Randolph. Against the Bulls on Monday, the Nets played excellent swarming defense and forced twenty-eight turnovers, with Pierce guarding Carlos Boozer for much of the night. Nets coach Jason Kidd called the two consecutive matchups, “similar games, very physical.”
- Kevin Garnett will sit out a third consecutive game with back spasms. Mason Plumlee will start in his place. Kidd praised Plumlee’s energy against the Bulls.
- The Grizzlies are looking to climb back into the playoff picture with a win, while the Nets are looking to be above .500 for the first time all season.
- Grizzlies coach Dave Joerger discussed Beno Udirh, who was recently claimed off of waivers from the Knicks. Joerger said Udrih has been practicing by himself against the team’s other point guards in order to get acclimated.
- NBA commissioner Adam Silver dropped by the Nets’ locker room before the game to say hello to Jason Collins.
– Jake Appleman