TV: League Pass
- Indiana Pacers coach Frank Vogel says that his team’s gritty win over Miami on Wednesday should have little carryover effect. “It’s always a concern in the back of your mind. Guys understand that every game is important.”
- Vogel isn’t looking at possible playoff opponents for the first round. “I’m not quite there. Maybe some of our guys are, but I’m still dialed into…a lot of work still needs to be done before we can secure what we’re trying to secure,” Vogel said.
- The Pacers enter Friday with a three-game lead over the Heat. How important is the top seed? “That’s the question of the night. Every single night, I get that question. It’s important; it’s not everything. It’s a factor, but it’s not everything. How you’re playing is the most important.”
- Washington Wizards coach Randy Wittman said that in order to beat Indiana, his team must control the pace. “We can’t play into their pace, their style. We’ve got to move the ball. We’ve got to take care of the ball. If you have an open shot, you have to take it. If you pass up open shots against this team, the next one isn’t going to be very good,” Wittman said. “There’s a reason they’re the top defensive team in the league.”
- The Wizards haven’t made the playoffs since 2007-08, and as they close in on the playoffs, Wittman said he can’t focus on that. “We have to start playing the way we’re capable of playing,” he said.
– Rich Dubroff