TV: League Pass
- Neither Paul Pierce nor Shaun Livingston will play for the Nets in the second game of a back-to-back. “Shaun’s toe is sore and Paul’s hip is sore so there’s no reason to take a chance. So next guy up,” said coach Jason Kidd. In this case, the next guys up are Mirza Teletovic at power forward and Alan Anderson at shooting guard.
- Kevin Garnett, who has missed four of the last five games including Tuesday night’s 88-87 win at Miami, is back in the Brooklyn lineup at center.
- Magic center Nik Vucevic will sit out a third straight game with a sore left Achilles. The Magic are 3-17 in games missed by Vucevic, including Saturday night’s 100-92 win over Minnesota.
- The Magic beat the Nets by 21 points in early November, with Vucevic putting up 19 points and 12 rebounds. The Nets won by 11 at Brooklyn on Jan. 21.
- Magic coach Jacque Vaughn says Pierce’s ability to play power forward is the key to the Nets’ second-half surge. They are 33-13 in 2014, including six wins in their last seven games. “(Pierce) still thinks like a small (forward), he still has that beautiful pump fake like a small,” Vaughn said. “That hasn’t gone anywhere, and then he’s smart enough and tough enough to box off and keep fours from rebounding. So his knowledge is helping him play the four, and his overall skill and understanding of the game is letting him get away with it.”
- NETS LINEUP: Joe Johnson, Teletovic, Garnett, Deron Williams, Anderson.
- MAGIC LINEUP: Maurice Harkless, Kyle O’Quinn, Dewayne Dedmon, Jameer Nelson, Arron Afflalo.
– Dick Scanlon