TV: League Pass
- Cavaliers center Tyler Zeller (left orbital bone fracture) is in uniform for the first time since being injured on Nov. 5 at the Clippers. The rookie from North Carolina was elbowed in the face by Los Angeles center DeAndre Jordan, suffering a concussion that caused him to miss Cleveland’s last four games. “Tyler coming back will shore up our bench, but I’m just hoping this injury doesn’t set him back because he was playing well,” Cavaliers coach Byron Scott said. Zeller was fitted with a protective face mask and will wear it for the forseeable future.
- Mavericks small forward Shawn Marion will make his second straight start after sitting out five games with a sprained left medial collateral ligament. Marion had two points and seven rebounds Friday at Indiana, where Dallas was blown out 103-83. “We’ve just got to flush (that game) and get ready for tonight,” said Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle, whose squad is 1-4 since Nov. 9 and has slipped to .500 on the season.
- The remainder of Dallas’ lineup is center Chris Kaman, power forward Elton Brand, shooting guard O.J. Mayo, and point guard Darren Collison. Cleveland will start point guard Kyrie Irving, shooting guard Dion Waiters, small forward Alonzo Gee, power forward Tristan Thompson, and center Anderson Varejao.
- The Cavaliers return home after going 1-5 on their season-long, 11-day road trip. Scott said he will continue using a nine-man rotation, but would not reveal which four players will come off the bench against the Mavericks. “We’re going to change it a tad tonight,” the coach said. “I’m patient, but I’m not patient. Stay tuned.”
- Dallas’ inactives were power forward Dirk Nowitzki (right knee surgery) and guard Jared Cunningham. Cleveland did not dress power forward Luke Harangody (right knee surgery) and power forward Jon Leuer. Harangody underwent an arthroscopic procedure Friday and is expected to be sidelined until late December.
– Brian Dulik